By Rami Shalom, JD Velasquez and Mary Koes, Product Managers
In advance of the new simplified Stackdriver pricing that will go into effect on June 30, we want to make sure everyone gets a chance to try Stackdriver. That’s why we’ve decided to offer the full power of Stackdriver, including premium monitoring, logging and application performance management (APM), to all customers—new and existing—for free until the new pricing goes into effect. This offer will be available starting June 18.
Stackdriver, our full-stack logging and monitoring tool, collects logs and metrics, as well as other data from your cloud apps and other sources, then generates useful dashboards, charts and alerts to let you act on information as soon as you get it. Here’s what’s included when you try Stackdriver:
- Out-of-the-box observability across the entire Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS) services you use
- Platform, system, application and custom metrics on demand with Metrics Explorer
- Uptime checks to monitor the availability of the internet-facing endpoints you depend on
- Alerting policies to let you know when something is wrong. Alerting and notification options, previously available only on the premium tier, are now available for free during this limited time
- Access to logging and APM features like logs-based metrics, using Trace to understand application health, debugging live with debugger and more
Want to estimate your usage once the new pricing goes into effect? Check out our earlier blog post on viewing and managing your costs. You’ll see the various ways you can estimate usage to plan for the best use of Stackdriver monitoring in your environment. And if you are not already a Stackdriver user, you can sign up to try Stackdriver now!
- Announcing Stackdriver Kubernetes Monitoring: Comprehensive Kubernetes observability from the start
- Introducing Stackdriver APM and Stackdriver Profiler
- Viewing Stackdriver Trace spans and request logs in multi-project deployments