As we are slowly progressing towards the last feature freeze for this year, here’s what we have with this update:
For new users, or users that have not used the address bar searches in a while, there will be a hint that they can search using the address bar. This should be a friendly, easily dismissable reminder. Please share your opinions about this improvement.
“Mute me baby” improvements
We are aware that muting tabs was a long-awaited and warmly received feature. However, we also reviewed your critical opinions about the “mute all tabs” button and decided to turn it off for now. Instead, we offer additional context menu options which allow you to mute this tab or mute other tabs. What do you think about this solution?
This feature, hidden behind the flag in the previous developer release, is now available publicly with a few minor changes inspired by your feedback.
Guess what? For those who actually liked the old-style separate search box, we have added this option in the Windows builds. It can be enabled in the Browser advanced settings, please take a look at the “user interface” section.
Frame color awareness
The flag #frame-color-awareness allows to change the colour of the window titlebar on Windows 10 Threshold 2. The colour of Tab Bar buttons – New Tab and Tab Menu is changed to white as Windows does to its native buttons.
With today’s build, we have fixed the following crashes:
– DNA-46078 – crash when displaying HTML5 notification, and similar, but yet different: DNA-46253 – Windows 10 specific crash, also on notifications
– DNA-45915 – Mac crash on unblocked pop-up windows
Chromium has been updated to 48.0.2560.0.
- Opera developer for Windows
- Opera developer for Mac
- Opera developer for 32-bit Linux – deb file
- Opera developer for 64-bit Linux – deb file
- Opera developer for 32-bit Linux – RPM file
- Opera developer for 64-bit Linux – RPM file
Changelog: Full changelog link