My colleagues have been writing detailed blog posts about the new features as part of the development process. The developer feedback that we have received during the process has been incredibly helpful. Here are the new features (and the associated posts):
- Resource interfaces for 7 services.
- Client response stubs.
- Response paging.
- Improved parameter validation.
- Flexible Gem dependencies.
- Structured response data.
- Improved API reference documentation (including examples).
It also features intelligent credential management and some handy extensibility features (plugins and custom request handlers).
Versions 1 and 2 of the SDK use distinct namespaces. This allows you to use both of them in the same application without making any changes to your existing code. To learn how to do this, read Announcing V2 of the AWS SDK for Ruby in the AWS Ruby Development Blog.