Today we are adding a developer preview of support for Xamarin to the existing AWS SDK for .NET. Xamarin allows you to build cross-platform C# applications that run on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. The new AWS Mobile SDK for Xamarin gives your Xamarin app access to multiple AWS services including:
- Amazon Cognito – Identity management.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) – Object storage.
- Amazon DynamoDB – NoSQL database
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) – Mobile Push for notifications.
- Amazon Mobile Analytics – Track app usage and other metrics.
You can use the Xamarin Studio IDE to write, debug, and test your code:
Read Getting Started with the AWS Mobile SDK for .Net / Xamarin to learn how to install the SDK and to start using AWS services from a Xamarin application. Read more on the Xamarin blog.