We announced the Limited Preview of Migration Accelerator (MA) in September 2014. Since then, several customers have evaluated and successfully migrated their on-premises Windows Servers to Azure. Today, we are excited to add support for the migration of Linux physical and virtual machines to Azure, this functionality will further bolster the support for heterogeneity in MA.
This release will support migration of following operating systems to Azure:
- Cent OS 6.4, 6.5
- Oracle Linux 6.4, 6.5
- Single OS system disk (LVM spread across multiple disks are not supported due to Azure limitation)
- Root disk/device usage in configuration files: UUID, BY-LABEL, BY-ID(SCSI ID), Multipath, LVM, partition
- File system types: ext3, ext4
- Volume Manager for root device: Linux LVM2
Before you start using MA, you must understand different components of the product and its functionality. In addition, learn about the Azure capabilities and limitations:
- Read Introduction to MA to get an overview about the product.
- Read Prerequisite and Support Matrix to understand the MA capabilities and limitations. For limitations and known issues with this release refer to MA Frequently Asked Questions and Know Issues.
|If you are a new MA customer||Visit Microsoft Migration Accelerator and sign-up for preview.|
|If you are an existing MA customer migrating Windows Servers and want to migrate Linux Servers||Visit the product help for links to download and instructions to install the product.|
We hope you try it out, give us your feedback and spread the word to those who would like to migrate their Linux VMs to Azure. Please post your questions and comments to Migration Accelerator Forum.
Please see these links for more information:
- Introducing Microsoft Migration Accelerator
- Prerequisite and Support Matrix
- Step by Step guide to Installing MA
- MA ports and protocols
- Troubleshooting MA deployment
- MA Frequently Asked Questions and Know Issues
- Linux on Azure-Endorsed Distributions
Feed Source: Microsoft Azure Blog
Article Source: Migrate Linux VMs to Azure with Migration Accelerator