In 2015, we’re introducing a monthly webinar series to take an in-depth look at diverse elements that help us solve complex business challenges in the cloud and nurture business growth. We’ll cover unique IT management and implementation strategies and the people, tools, and applications that increase impact. We’re opening it up to a live online and global forum with the aim to foster collaborative learning through use cases we can all relate to and real-time Q/A sessions. Our first webinar features, zulily, a high-growth online retailer that leverages big data to provide a uniquely tailored product and customer experience to a mass market around the clock.
Zulily is one of the largest e-commerce companies in the United States. Its business is retail, but its DNA is in technology, using data and predictive analytics to drive decisions. As the company grows, so does the amount and complexity of data. Zulily’s IT realized that in order to keep up and properly scale, they had to redesign the way they process, analyze and use big data.
Zulily transitioned to the Google Cloud Platform to meet these challenges and ultimately use the big data it collected to improve online customer experience. Join us as we take a technical deep dive into zulily’s new application infrastructure built on the Google Cloud Platform. The team will share key learnings and discuss how they plan to scale their efforts and impact.
Big data experts from Google Cloud Platform and zulily will share:
- Best practices and implementation strategies to drive value from big data using products such as Google BigQuery and Hadoop
- How zulily uses Google Cloud Platform to improve customer experience, increase sales, and increase relevance via marketing initiatives
- Key leadership and technical benefits and risks to be aware of as you plan, execute and optimize your big data implementation strategy across one or multiple business units
Live Webinar: zulily turns big data into a big advantage with Google Cloud Platform
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015
- 10:30 – 11:00 a.m. PT
- Speakers: William Vambenepe, Lead Product Manager for Google Cloud Big Data Services and Sudhir Hasbe, Director Software Engineering for Data Services, BI and Big Data Analytics for zulily
Feed Source: Google Cloud Platform Blog
Article Source: Live webinar Jan. 28: zulily turns big data into business advantage with Google Cloud Platform