I recently joined the Google Cloud Platform team, but I’ve never really explained why I was attracted to Google in the first place. Before joining Google I’d been a strong advocate of two key technologies: the Go programing language and Kubernetes. Both just so happen to originate from Google and I’m sure my investment in both technologies helped me land a job here. Like many, I was attracted to Google because of all the inspiring innovations that have helped shape the last decade of computing and have influenced a countless number of open source projects.
I’ve spent several years pouring over Google white papers and stitching together information from across the web trying to stay up to speed, and I’ll tell you it’s pretty time consuming. This year I’ve got a better idea. I’ll be attending GCP NEXT 2016. Why? Because it’s the only conference where you can find complete coverage of Google Cloud Platform technologies and more importantly the people behind them.
Today we’re announcing the GCP NEXT conference program, featuring in-depth technical sessions led by Google and the Google Cloud Platform community— developers, customers and partners. Dive into compute with us for two-full days and come away with a practical expertise in Google Cloud Platform. Sample sessions include:
- “From idea to market in less than 6 months: Creating a new product with GCP,” presented by CI&T — App Developer Track
- “Painless container management with Google Container Engine & Kubernetes,” presented by Brendan Burns & Tim Hockin, Google — Infrastructure & Operations Track
- “Cloud data warehousing with BigQuery featuring Dropbox Nighthawk,” presented by Jordan Tigani, Google & Dropbox — Data & Analytics Track
- “Security analytics for today’s cloud-ready enterprise,” presented by Matt O’Connor, Google & PwC — Solutions Showcase
Curated from our Call for Speakers, an internal and external search for the very best content, demos and presenters, NEXT technical tracks cover the most relevant topics in cloud, from machine learning to networking and IOT. They’ll also teach you best practices and how-tos directly from product leaders and developers who have implemented our platform, including speakers from Netflix, Atomic Fiction, FIS Global (Sungard), and many more to be announced.
If you want to know more about Google Cloud Platform, are thinking about moving to the cloud or want to sharpen your skills in compute, don’t miss GCP NEXT. Register today and get our early bird rate (available until February 5th).
– Posted by Kelsey Hightower, Developer Advocate, Google Cloud Platform