From popular mobile apps (Foursquare) to acclaimed indie films (The Grand Budapest Hotel), some of the world’s most creative ideas have debuted at the annual SXSW Festival in Austin, Texas. For over 25 years, SXSW’s goal has been to bring together the most creative people and companies to meet and share ideas. We think one of those next great ideas could be yours, and we’d like to help it be a part of SXSW.
Do you have an idea for a new app that you think is SXSW worthy? Enter it in the Google Cloud Platform Build-Off. Winners will receive up to $5,000 in cash. First prize also includes $100,000 in Google Cloud Platform credit and 24/7 support, and select winners will have the chance to present their app to 200 tech enthusiasts during the Build-Off awards ceremony at SXSW.
Here’s how it works:
- Develop an app on Google Cloud Platform that pushes the boundary on what technology can do for music, film or gaming
- Enter on your own or form teams of up to 3 members
- Submit your application between 5 – 28 February 2015
- Apps will be evaluated based on their originality, effectiveness in addressing a need, use of Google tools, and technical merit
Visit the official Build-Off website to see the full list of rules and FAQs and follow us at #GCPBuildOff on G+ and Twitter for more updates. We cannot wait to see what innovation your creativity leads to next.
– Posted by Greg Wilson, Head of Developer Advocacy
Feed Source: Google Cloud Platform Blog
Article Source: Debut your app during SXSW with Google Cloud Platform Build-Off