Azure Data Factory (ADF) is now generally available. ADF is a fully managed cloud-based service that automates the movement and transformation of data. You can quickly create, schedule, monitor and manage operationalized data flow pipelines. ADF simplifies how to compose services together, like HDInsight and Azure Machine Learning, to move and transform data of all shapes and sizes on-premises or in the cloud for deep analytics.
Learn more at our executive blog from Joseph Sirosh, CVP of Information Management and Machine Learning, about how customers are using ADF today and to stay in touch with the future of all of our analytics services with our Cortana Analytics Suite.
Thank you to all of our contributors who participated in the public preview process. ADF customers can explore new, simplified content with the interactive learning map which will guide you through a few short steps to get up and running with ADF and dive-in to the details of using ADF.
We have a great new set of features including:
- A Visual Studio plug-in for authoring and deployment now included in the Azure SDK
- Improved monitoring and data lineage network visualization
- Integration with Azure Machine Learning and Azure Batch
- Enhanced cloud resource management capabilities
- Connectors for several common on-premises and cloud data stores
- Globally deployed data movement as a service