Fourteen (14) external and internal contributors worked together to create this edition of the AWS Week in Review. If you would like to join the party (with the possibility of a free lunch at re:Invent), please visit the AWS Week in Review on GitHub.
New & Notable Open Source
- dynamodb-continuous-backup sets up continuous backup automation for DynamoDB.
- lambda-billing uses NodeJS to automate billing to AWS tagged projects, producing PDF invoices.
- vyos-based-vpc-wan is a complete Packer + CloudFormation + Troposphere powered setup of AMIs to run VyOS IPSec tunnels across multiple AWS VPCs, using BGP-4 for dynamic routing.
- s3encrypt is a utility that encrypts and decrypts files in S3 with KMS keys.
- lambda-uploader helps to package and upload Lambda functions to AWS.
- AWS-Architect helps to deploy microservices to Lambda and API Gateway.
- awsgi is an WSGI gateway for API Gateway and Lambda proxy integration.
- rusoto is an AWS SDK for Rust.
- EBS_Scripts contains some EBS tricks and triads.
- landsat-on-aws is a web application that uses Amazon S3, Amazon API Gateway, and AWS Lambda to create an infinitely scalable interface to navigate Landsat satellite data.
New SlideShare Presentations
- AWS Enterprise Summit Toronto:
- Keynote – Future of Enterprise IT.
- Getting Started with Amazon Aurora.
- Getting Started with The Hybrid Cloud – Enterprise Backup and Recovery.
- Cost Optimization at Scale.
- Protecting Your Data in AWS.
- Getting Started with Amazon Redshift.
- DevOps on AWS – Deep Dive on Continuous Delivery.
- DevOps on AWS – Deep Dive on Infrastructure as Code.
- AWS Business Essentials.
- Database Migration.
- Getting Started with Amazon WorkSpaces.
- Creating Your Virtual Data Center.
- Breaking Down the Economics and TCO of Migrating to AWS.
- Keeping Cloud Transformations on Track.
- Getting Started with AWS Security.
- Architecting Microservices on AWS.
- Getting Started with Windows Workloads on EC2.
- Another Day, Another Billion Packets.
- AWS September 2016 Webinars:
- AWS Services Overview.
- Amazon Aurora New Features.
- Building Real-Time Data Analytics Applications on AWS.
- Getting Started with Managed Database Services on AWS.
- Getting Started with AWS IoT.
- Serverless Geospatial Mobile Apps with AWS.
- Coding Apps in the Cloud to Reduce Costs up to 90%.
- Addressing Amazon Inspector Assessment Findings.
- Automating Compliance Defense in the Cloud.
- Overview and Best Practices for Amazon Elastic Block Store.
- AWS Infrastructure as Code.
- Building a Recommendation Engine Using Amazon Machine Learning in Real-time.
- Create Cloud Services on AWS.
- Alexa IoT Skills Workshop.
- Connecting to AWS IoT.
- Best Practices of IoT in the Cloud.
- Programming the Physical World with Device Shadows and Rules Engine.
- Overview of IoT Infrastructure and Connectivity at AWS & Getting Started with AWS IoT.
- Optimize Developer Agility & App Delivery on AWS.
- The New Normal: Benefits of Cloud Computing and Defining your IT Strategy.
- Security and Compliance.
New AWS Marketplace Listings
- KloudGin Mobile and Web Cloud Platform, sold by KloudGin Inc
- LAMP Stack With Virtualmin, sold by Aurora
- SmartAMI SQLSplitter powered by MarioDB MaxScale, sold by AT-NET
- WinDocks Community Edition with SQL Server 2014 Express (HVM), sold by Code Creator
- Business Intelligence:
- Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise 2016 for AWS Business, sold by Data Resolution
- SuiteCRM powered by Symetricore, sold by Symetricore
- Sentrifugo (HRMS), sold by Code Creator
- FreePBX powered by Symetricore (Centos Edition), sold by Symetricore
- Database Security and Compliance – On Demand, sold by HexaTier
- October 6 (Hull, England) – AWS User Group Hull: Running Containerised Apps on AWS.
- October 10 (Oslo, Norway) – AWS User Group Norway: Say Hello to Alexa!.
- October 10 (Seoul, Korea) – AWS Partner-led Hands-on Labs.
- October 11 (Redwood City, California, USA) – AWS Bay Area Meetup #21. A focus on Spinnaker from Netflix.
- October 13 (Edinburgh, Scotland) – 7th AWS User Group Edinburgh Meetup.
- October 13 (Seoul, Korea) – AWS Enterprise Summit.
- October 13 (Warsaw, Poland) – Meetup of the Public Cloud User Group in Warsaw, Poland.
- October 14 (Seoul, Korea) – AWS Lambda Zombie Workshop.
- October 19 (Seoul, Korea) – AWS Korea User Group Monthly Seminar – Database Service.
- October 26 (Cambridge, England) – Meetup #9 of the Cambridge AWS User Group: Everything Mobile.
- October 26 (Dublin, Ireland) – Meetup #16 of the AWS User Group Network in Dublin.
- November 23 (Cardiff, Wales) – Meetup #4 of the AWS South Wales User Group.
- Linux Cloud Engineer at Red Wire Services (100% AWS Role, AWS Advanced Consulting Partner).
- Teridion Sales Engineer (Cloud Optimized Routing for SaaS).
- AWS Careers.