This is the second community-driven edition of the AWS Week in Review. Special thanks are due to the 13 external contributors who helped to make this happen. If you would like to contribute, please take a look at the AWS Week in Review on GitHub. Adding relevant content is fast and easy and can be done from the comfort of your web browser! Just to be clear, it is perfectly fine for you to add content written by someone else. The goal is to catch it all, as they say!
New & Notable Open Source
- apilogs is a command-line utility to help aggregate, stream, and filter CloudWatch Log events produced by API Gateway and Lambda serverless APIs.
- MoonMail is a fully Lambda / SES powered email marketing tool.
New SlideShare Presentations
- Tips for Keeping Your AWS Cloud In Check.
- Create a Scalable Cloud Architecture.
- AWS August 2016 Webinars:
New Customer Success Stories
- Bustle uses AWS Lambda to process high volumes of data generated by the website in real-time, allowing the team to make faster, data-driven decisions. Bustle.com is a news, entertainment, lifestyle, and fashion website catering to women.
- Graze continually improves its customers’ experience by staying agile—including in its infrastructure. The company sells healthy snacks through its website and via U.K. retailers. It runs all its infrastructure on AWS, including its customer-facing websites and all its internal systems from the factory floor to business intelligence.
- Made.com migrated to AWS to support a record-breaking sales period with no downtime. The company provides a website that links home-furnishings designers directly to consumers. It now runs its e-commerce platform, website, and customer-facing applications on AWS, using services such as Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS, and Auto Scaling groups.
- Sony DADC New Media Solutions (NMS) distributes hundreds of thousands of hours of video content monthly, spins up data analytics, renders solutions in days instead of months, and saves millions of dollars in hardware refresh costs by going all in on AWS. The organization distributes and delivers content to film studios, television broadcasters, and other providers across the globe. NMS runs its content distribution platform, broadcast playout services, and video archive on the AWS Cloud.
- Upserve quickly develops and trains more than 100 learning models, streams restaurant sales and menu item data in real time, and gives restaurateurs the ability to predict their nightly business using Amazon Machine Learning. The company provides online payment and analytical software to thousands of restaurant owners throughout the U.S. Upserve uses Amazon Machine Learning to provide predictive analysis through its Shift Prep application.
- September 6 (Dublin, Ireland) – The AWS User Group Network (Dublin) are running an AWS IoT Workshop.
- September 8 (Manchester, UK) – The AWS User Group North are running a full day AWS User Group Meetup at the offices of Zen Internet in Rochdale and featuring speakers from AWS and the AWS Community.
- September 13 (Cambridge, UK) – Meetup #8 of the AWS User Group Cambridge, which will focus on Big Data on AWS.
- September 14 (Bath, UK) – Meetup #2 of the AWS User Group Bath in Bath in South West England.